Monday, March 19, 2018

The Good Sown Always Remains




As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

I sometimes forget about the good this blog does, but tonight the Viking and Captain Kirk, being too hard on themselves to remind me that God can make dirt into something, so a turd like me, God should be able to do something with the likes of me.
They didn't put it quite like that, but considering the games some brat pull in thinking that the coming nuclear weapons are going to favor them, I do get fed with all of this daily grind that all of you are stuck with too.
The main thing is for the good people, always remember, that as St. Paul teaches by the Holy Ghost, we all die to our sins yesterday and are born again in Christ with each new day to prefection.

I have wanted to write about wee baby apple seedlings and received this letter which brought a smile to my face in reminding me the good which is done here. I have been thinking about apples as I discovered something by God's Grace.



Dear LC,

On January 20, 2018 I prepared Pink Lady seeds as per your instructions and three are sprouting since March 15. Also put up Honey Crisp seeds on February 7, 2018. I am perusing all of your apple posts to be ready for what may come. I just saw your post with the myriad of apple varieties, a whole new world for me.

The deer stripped and killed my two year old little orchard of apples, pears and berries in 2015 so it will be a challenge to plant and cage the anticipated little trees.

Thank you so much for the inspiration and knowledge to make this wonderful project possible.


We have been wanting Evercrisp apples and somewhere in this I was told I could get some trees, but then a surprise told me I had to join some group, pay royalties on the trees for 20 years and I think have to be a member for 20 years. I have no idea what the fees were on the membership as the site was not working. I figured though if it was 20 bucks, it was going to cost me over 400 dollars for an apple.
I have concluded that I am not that enamored of these apples.

TL found a split Evercrisp seed and said I should plant it. I of course frowned as this of course would not work, especially as I let it dry out, and then of course it grew. I have named it after Jesus and it is doing well.

Out of decent apples at the store, we have been getting the weekly sales which the last batch tasted like battery acid stored in the cellar. So of course, that apple was full of sprouted and cracked seeds, and at this point about 5 of them are trying to grow  into trees.
TL thinks they are Pink Lady which is a zone 5 apple and as we knock around zone 3 sometimes, we will see what will come of it.

I am thinking that apple seeds might sprout better if opened a bit, even cut by accident if the seeds are not completely damaged, They definitely will sprout if the pips are split, but I conclude they need to be stuck in the soil immediately.
I just use Dairy Queen containers I picked out of the trash, bore a hole for drainage and I cover the top with a bit of plastic to keep things greenhouse. Just do not set them in the sun like this all day as I almost cooked Jesus.

I know there was a nice man in Canada who mentioned about sprouting apple seeds a few years ago, and I wonder how much better the world will be changed in the apples being sprouted from the information here. I think Pink Lady and Honeycrisp are a good combination, like Firesides and Prairie Spy, a sweet apple and a clean tasting apple.
I do know that of the few dozen Evercrisp apples I will be sprouting these seeds which are not royalty or membership fees required. What I like best is knowing that these trees will grow from 25 to 75 years. They will be with Jesus in the millennium. That part I like knowing, like being Noah stepping of the ark and finding a new world, but the apple trees will remain.

The good sown always remains.


agtG